Last Updated on by
Alice: “The way back, really? Then that means we can…I can return to my world. My home. My people.”
Kirito: “Yeah. Now that that’s settled, I was thinking when we go back to the Underworld…is it cool if Asuna comes along too?”
Alice: “I suppose so. if we find ourselves in danger, we will need as many warriors at our disposal is we can get.”
– Sword Art Online: Alicization (Ep. 47)
The Toonami Trending Rundown for February 6-7, 2021. It was the end of an era this week, as after two years and 47 episodes, Sword Art Online‘s Project Alicization arc came to a close. Fans were also treated to the first of a four-part non-canonical Total Immersion Event, Cosmo Samurai.
In terms of social media buzz this week, Toonami would trend in the United States on Twitter alongside Sword Art Online, Fire Force, Assassination Classroom, and SSSS.Gridman. Sword Art Online also produced a pair of character trends for its season finale. Our protagonists Kirito and Asuna trended as they took Alice back to the Underworld, albeit with society progressing by centuries thanks to the Fluctlight Accelerator. In addition, Attack on Titan would trend on Tumblr. The full list, including statistics and tweet counts from the Twitter app and can be seen below.
Tune in tonight as Black Clover rejoins the block at 2:00 a.m. Eastern. Have yourselves a Happy Valentines Day and Year of the Ox. And until next time stay safe, be sure to visit blacklivesmatters.carrd.co to see what you can do to help the fight against social inequality, and continue to do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect others by following your local health advisories. Stay at home unless essential purposes require you to go out, practice social distancing by staying six feet/two meters away from one another if possible, and wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
Legend: The shows listed are ordered based on their appearance on the schedule. Show trends are listed in bold. The number next to the listed trend represents the highest it trended on the list (not counting the promoted trend), judging only by the images placed in the rundown. For the Twitter tweet counts, the listed number of tweets are also sorely based on the highest number shown based on the images on the rundown.
United States Trends:
- #Toonami [#6]
- #SwordArtOnline [#12]
- Kirito (From Sword Art Online) [#26]
- #FireForce [Trended with #Toonami]
- #AssassinationClassroom [Trended with #Toonami]
- #SSSSGridman [Trended with #Toonami]
- #Toonami [8,162 tweets]
- #SwordArtOnline [3,618 tweets]
- Asuna (From Sword Art Online) [4,862 tweets]
- Kirito (From Sword Art Online) [5,890 tweets]
- #FireForce [1,885 tweets]
- #AssassinationClassroom [1,892 tweets]
- #SSSSGridman [1,942 tweets]
- #Attack on Titan
Notes and Other Statistics:
- #Toonami: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @soymilkpudding was responsible for the show trending in the United States.
- #SSSSGridman: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @MikeMcFarlandVA and @TaraSandsLA were responsible for the show trending in the United States.
Special thanks to @sdurso5 and others I forgot to mention for spotting some of the trends on this list.
Only Toonami on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network.
⚡️ “Tweets of the Night for February 06-07, 2021″https://t.co/dzENf0BDXe
⚡️ “Sword Art Online: Alicization finale”https://t.co/SdTSmP5yDc