Last Updated on by
Asuna: “It’s okay. Deep down inside, the memories are always there.”
Eugeo: “That’s right, Kirito. Don’t cry. Stay cool.”
– Sword Art Online: Alicization (Ep. 46)
The Toonami Trending Rundown for January 30-31, 2021.
For this week’s social media buzz, #Toonami would trend in the United States on Twitter alongside Sword Art Online, Fire Force, Assassination Classroom, and SSSS.Gridman. #Toonami would also trend on Tumblr. Both Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online had character trends this week. Attack on Titan’s buzz led to Falco trending, while Sword Art Online’s viewership led to the protagonists Kirito and Asuna trending. The full list, including statistics and tweet counts from the Twitter app, can be seen below.
Tune in tonight for the season finale of Sword Art Online and the first part of Cosmo Samurai, among other moments. Until next week, stay safe, be sure to visit blacklivesmatters.carrd.co to see what you can do to help the fight against social inequality, and continue to do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect others by following your local health advisories. Stay at home unless essential purposes require you to go out, practice social distancing by staying six feet/two meters away from one another if possible, and wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
Legend: The shows listed are ordered based on their appearance on the schedule. Show trends are listed in bold. The number next to the listed trend represents the highest it trended on the list (not counting the promoted trend), judging only by the images placed in the rundown. For the Twitter tweet counts, the listed number of tweets are also sorely based on the highest number shown based on the images on the rundown.
United States Trends:
- #Toonami [#10]
- #AttackOnTitan [Trended with #Toonami]
- #SwordArtOnline [#30]
- #FireForce [Trended with #Toonami]
- #AssassinationClassroom [#29]
- #SSSSGridman [#28]
- #Toonami [6,977 tweets]
- Falco (From Attack on Titan) [5,835 tweets]
- #SwordArtOnline [2,826 tweets]
- Asuna (From Sword Art Online) [4,860 tweets]
- Kirito (From Sword Art Online) [5,498 tweets]
- #FireForce [2,002 tweets]
- #AssassinationClassroom [1,983 tweets]
- #SSSSGridman [1,759 tweets]
Notes and Other Statistics:
- #Toonami: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @MikeMcFarlandVA and @blumspew are responsible for the show trending in the United States.
Only Toonami on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network.